Transaction Fees waived up to US $50 for New Buyers
These Terms & Conditions apply to the “Transaction Fees waived up to US $50 for New Buyers” promotional campaign, game, and/or event (each is considered a “Promotion”) being run on the Alibaba website (www.alibaba.com) (“Alibaba.com”).
1. The Promotion: During the Promotion Period (see clause 2 below), Eligible Members (as defined under Clause 5) who satisfy the requirements under Clause 6 shall be entitled to US $50 off their transaction fee.
2. Promotion Period: The promotion begins on March 2, 2020 00:00:00 Pacific Time (PT) until March 31, 2019 23:59:59 Pacific Time (PT) (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Promoter: Alibaba.com Singapore E-Commerce Private Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of Singapore and having its registered address at 8 Shenton Way, #45-01 AXA Tower, Singapore 068811 (the “Promoter”).
a. For credit card and Online Transfer, this promotion is available on the Alibaba.com website, Alibaba.com mobile site, Alibaba IOS and Android APP, as well as Android Pads.
b. For Online Bank Payment, this promotion is available on the Alibaba.com desktop version.
5. Eligible Member: You must be a registered member of Alibaba.com, with a valid Alibaba buyer account, and there has been no paid transaction record of any Trade Assurance order under such buyer account, including refund orders, logistic orders, inspection orders, to be eligible in participating in the promotion. Current employees, officers and directors of the Promoter along with their respective immediate family members and affiliated and subsidiary companies are not eligible to participate. Companies and their agents involved in organizing the Promotion are also not eligible to participate.
6. Promotion – Specific Rules:
a. For the credit card and Online Bank Payment methods, each Eligible Member shall link and save a new credit card or debit card (“New Credit/Debit Card”) to their Alibaba.com account on Alibaba.com and use such New Credit/Debit Card for payment to be eligible for this Promotion. For the avoidance of doubt, any existing credit/debit card already linked to an Alibaba.com account shall not qualify for this Promotion even if it has been removed in advance of the commencement of the Promotion Period.
b. For Online Bank Transfer payment, each Eligible Member shall pay directly for their Trade Assurance orders.
c. Under the credit card and Online Transfer payment methods, upon linking and saving a New Credit/Debit Card, the Eligible Members shall be entitled to a deduction of up to US $50 on the transaction fee for the first order placed under each Alibaba.com account using the New Credit/Debit Card. For the avoidance of doubt, any Alibaba.com account which has successfully placed orders before the commencement of the Promotional Period shall not be eligible for this Promotion.
d. For the avoidance of doubt, the “up to US $50 deduction” only applies to a deduction on the transaction fee itself and not on the transaction value of the order; in the event where the payable transaction fee is less than US $50, only the exact amount of the transaction fee shall be deducted.
e. Each Eligible Member is only eligible for this Promotion for one time.
f. If the payment for an Eligible Member’s first order has failed, the eligibility of such Eligible Member for such discount will not be confiscated and it can still be used for another order’s payment until such discount has been applied to any successful order payment.
g.For credit card payment method, the supporting credit card and debit cards include Visa, MasterCard, Diners, Discover, JCB and American Express. The supporting currencies include but are not limited to USD, EUR, AUD, CAD, GBP etc., please refer to the supporting currencies as shown on the payment page as final. Further details on payment methods can be found at the following link: https://service.alibaba.com/page/knowledge?pageId=128&category=9207651&knowledge=20111761&language=en.
h.Online Bank payment method is supported in the following countries: United States, France and German. The supporting currencies include USD and EUR. The supporting credit cards include ACH supported US based bank and SEPA supported French or German based bank. Further details on payment methods can be found at the following link:https://activity.alibaba.com/pc/b3a543cf.html.
i. Online Transfer payment method is supported in Europe only. The supported currencies include CHF, DKK, EUR, GBP, NOK, PLN, and SEK. For more details :https://activity.alibaba.com/page/4be999bb.html.
j. Alibaba.com reserves the final right of interpretation in the event of a dispute between Alibaba.com and an Eligible Member.
7. General Rules:
a. Any member participating in this Promotion agrees to be bound by these Official Rules.
b. Any fraud and/or abuse of the offers awarded/received under the Promotion (“Offers”) by a member (as determined by the Promoter at its sole discretion) will result in forfeiture of their eligibility to the Offers and/or cancellation of all or part of their account(s) with the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to deduct the value of any Offers awarded inappropriately to a member directly from their account(s) without prior notice and/or taking legal action in such instances to recover any outstanding balances.
c. If the Promotion is ceased or suspended by relevant authorities or due to a serious network attack or system fault, the Promotion may be terminated prematurely. The situation mentioned is constituted as a force majeure event and the Promoter shall not be liable for any damages or claims that arise out of the event.
d. The Promoter is not responsible for any late, lost, delayed, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondences, whether by e-mail or otherwise.
e. In the event that the Promotion becomes inoperable due to any computer network related reasons, Eligible Members agree that the Promoter shall not be held liable for any damages.
f. Time and validity of any transactions and/or members’ eligibility to the Offers is determined by the Promoter at its sole discretion based on the Promoter’s records. If there is any discrepancy between the transaction records held by the member and that of the Promoter, the Promoter’s record shall be conclusive and binding.
g. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Official Rules as well as to change or terminate any of the Offers upon notice. In the event of disputes, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and binding.
h. The Promoter reserves the right and absolute discretion to cancel or revoke any members’ right to participate in a Promotion or use any Offers, upon discovery of their violation of these Rules or any dishonest, malicious, fraudulent, unlawful or, in the opinion of the Promoter, inappropriate acts in their participation in any Promotion.
8. Conflict of Terms and Conditions: In case of any content discrepancy between the English and other non-English language versions of these Official Rules, the English version shall prevail. In the event that any of the terms under these Official Rules conflict with rules and/or any such related information displayed elsewhere on Alibaba.com, the terms under these Official Rules shall prevail.
9. Disclaimer: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, in no event will the promoter be liable to YOU for any direct, INDIRECT, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in THIS PROMOTION, regardless of whether such liabilities are stated in any claims based upon a contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not a sponsor has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
10. Disputes: You acknowledge and agree that the Promoter or any of its affiliates shall not be responsible, and shall have no liability to you or anyone else with a dispute or claim that arises out of your participation in the Promotion.
11. Governing law: You agree that this Promotion is governed, interpreted and enforced by the laws of Hong Kong, without regard to its conflict of laws and principles. Any and all legal actions, claims or proceedings arising out of, or in connection with this Promotion must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Hong Kong.